Teaching is a challenging and rewarding career. In today’s social and world climate, it seems more important than ever to help our children build strong minds and character. By becoming a mentor at Berean, you can be a part of that change.
We offer our employees a competitive benefits package. We provide information regarding benefits during the hiring process and encourage our current employees to contact our carriers directly with questions or concerns regarding benefits.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
As an employee of Berean Academy, you are more than a teacher. You are a mentor. Your passion for student learning and dedication to excellent instructional practices drives the success of our school and each individual scholar in your classroom.
It is my privilege and responsibility to educate each scholar to the full potential of their ability. Exercising self-control and drawing upon the resources of our Professional Learning Community will ensure our scholars’ and our success. I choose to behave with honesty and respect toward others and myself.
Red binders are filled with each classroom’s most pertinent information in case of emergency and/or substitute use. Mentors, please keep the following information handy, and ensure your classroom’s binder is current with the following information:
- Emergency procedures
- List of students and emergency contact information (phone numbers, etc.)
- Emergency lesson plans for two weeks
- Seating chart(s)
- Classroom management plan
- Galileo assessment results by quarter
- AIMS assessment results
- AIMSWeb results by quarter
- PLC Notes
- Yearly calendar and current event calendar
- Performance evaluation (copy of the evaluation, rubrics, etc.)
- Information from PD
- Dress code
- Staff phone numbers/email addresses/birthdays
- Discipline matrix
- Staff/Student of the month